This post is for my lovely and beautiful Lisa from COCOBELLA BALLERINA who requested a post about my circle lenses! Here you are darling, I hope you find it helpful :)
I've been wearing circle lenses for about 3-4 years now and I must say that I can not live without them. I actually feel really strange without them and I don't think I look as nice without them, sadly enough! When I first started wearing contact lenses I ordered from www.pinkyparadise.com but after 6 months or so, I found a better website, a website that I still order from to this day. That website is www.honeycolor.com! The great thing about Honey Color is that they do free express shipping all over the world if your order is more than $99. Considering when I order, I order 4-5 at a time, that's perfect for me and frankly, I'm always surprised at how quickly it gets to me (within a few days). Another great thing is that Honey Color has the best prices I've seen on circle lenses and they offer those cooling eye drops which I adoreeeee!
For those of you who don't know what circle lenses are, they are contact lenses which you can get plano (no prescription) or with prescription that are bigger than the size of your actual iris, making your eyes appear more doll like. They come in various different sizes from a slight enlargement (14mm) to larger enlargements (15mm and up). They also come in hundreds of different styles, my favourites are the ones that have the darker limbal ring (darker edges) because to me, they look the most "natural" (please... who am I kidding!).
As with anything, there are risks involved in wearing circle lenses such as:
- Okay... Let me start with the biggest one, I'm not trying to scare you but if you get a defective pair of lenses, it can cause blindness or permanently damage your eyes. This is why it's so important to get your contact lenses from a reputable and trustworth seller and hence my disclaimer up top.
- For my Americans out there, it is not FDA regulated
- Abrasions or scratches to the cornea
- Decreased oxygen to the eyes because the contact lens is not only covering your iris but also the white parts of your eyes
- Because you're not getting them from an optometrist, it is not fitted specifically to your eyes, this is why it can cause not only discomfort but can also damage your eye
Because of these risks please always ensure that:
- Get your lenses from a reputable seller
- Soak your contact lenses in contact lens solution for a full 24 hour before putting them into your eyes
- Wash your hands before you touch the lenses (I mean.. duh!)
- Check the water content of the contact lenses, as a general rule for me, the more water content it has, the more comfortable they are for me
- Don't wear it for more than 8 hours at a time and if it's your first time, try wearing it a few hours at a time and build up the time
- Change your contact lens case every 3 months
- Most circle lenses say they last for a year but if you wear them every day like I do, I change it up every 6 months or so just to be safe
- If you feel any sort of discomfort/light sensitivity/blurred vision/redness that doesn't dissipate within a minute or two, TAKE THEM OUT STRAIGHT AWAY! You may have gotten a defective pair. What I do is, soak them in a fresh batch of contact solution for another 24 hour and then try them on again, if they are still uncomfortable, they are definitely either defective or just doesn't fit your eye correctly so please don't wear them again
- Make sure you put them in the right way
NAY! You can see that the edges of the contact lenses sort of flare out, that's when you know you gots to turn that baby over.
As I mentioned before, I do order 4-5 at a time so these are my current 4 pairs that I'm wearing at the moment.
I hope that was helpful for some people! I really don't mean to scare anyone but they are the facts and I know the risks when I wear my contact lenses. I have been very very lucky that my eyes aren't particularly sensitive to anything so I've never really had a problem with wearing them but please please please be careful! You only have one pair of eyes so please take care of them and if you ever feel unsure about a product, just don't wear it and contact the seller. Enjoy ladies (and maybe gents..)!