June 29, 2014

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Review

(I wear the shade #10)

I am about to make the biggest call in the world right now... but I think I have found my HG foundation! I KNOW RIGHT!! I would like to introduce to you guys, the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet! I was really unsure of this foundation just because I heard that it's not that great for dry skin but I decided to give it a try anyway because I've never found a Chanel foundation that I didn't like and honestly, this was no exception. I did find that I didn't need to set this foundation with powder as it set matte and powdery already on my skin but that just means that I finish doing my makeup in less time, who would complain about that? 

Pros:
  • Makes the skin look amazingly soft and smooth
  • Sets matte so I don't have to add powder
  • Smells lovely 
  • Perfect colour match for me
  • Makes blending my concealer a breeze because it does have such a nice, smooth finish
  • Didn't emphasize pores or dry patches
  • Wears really nicely throughout the day
  • It does have some SPF (I still always use more sunscreen on top because I live in Australia)
  • Feels super lightweight and like you're not wearing any foundation at all
Cons:
  • Expensive 
Overall thought: As you can see, I couldn't think of anything bad with this foundation other than the price, hence why I think that it is my HG foundation. If you see the photos below, you can see how smooth my skin looks and this is with no photoshopping on my behalf! It just gives such a lovely finish to the skin and I am absolutely OBSESSED with this foundation! (10/10)

  =====================================================

 

 =====================================================

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding your HG foundation :)
    The foundation looks amazing on your skin. Doesn't even look like you have anything on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never found a foundation that works on my oily skin, this looks like an excellent foundation
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely flawless and pretty! It doesn't look cakey at alll. Wow! (It better be good considering the price haha)
    Lovely blog :)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, this looks great! Your skin looks flawless!
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this looks so amazing on you! What a shame it's so expensive xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for your kind words on my last post :)
    anyway that foundation is so great! you look flawless <3

    www.brigittamonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow! Okay, I need this foundation... ;P
    Looks amazing, your skin looks flawless!

    Emma
    www.emmacristy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgosh you're glowing!! Glad to hear that this chanel foundation is worth the price! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your skin looking so flawless! Love it and you look beautiful! Looks like i need this foundation!

    www.yoannita90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that foundation really works amazing! your skin looks perfect and flawless! love it :) might try it as well :) xx

    www.lackofcolor.at

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it looks flawless on you! I haven't tried many Chanel beauty products but this looks like an amazing one to invest in!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your face looks flawless, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. a wow to that flawless foundation! ugh too bad i think i dont have enough means yet to use a foundation as expensive as that. as for now, i'd settle for my revlon colorstay foundation hahahahahaha. thanks for the reviewwww <3

    yanibonifacio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent post dear!
    Also adore your blog, already following it. Hope you can check out mine:
    http://patisallves.wordpress.com/

    Lots of Love
    Pati ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Phoebe!
    This foundation looks amazing on you! I've been meaning to try other Chanel foundations, I think this will be my next :)
    Also, I wanted to let you know that I've tagged you for the Liebster Award, so please come check out my blog for all info and questions.

    XO
    http://hellojessiek.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This foundation looks flawless on you!
    I love that it doesn't look matte to the point that it looks flat. I love the Chanel Vita-lumière but I am seriously intrigued by this! The black packaging is so elegant too!

    Chloé⎪à la foliee

    ReplyDelete