Man on man do I love these little babies! These are the new (relatively) Bourjois lip product that applies a bit glossy but then dries down to the most beautiful matte velvet finish. I bought this when I went shopping with one of my best friends who is obsessed with dark reds at the moment, just like me! I think it has something to do with the weather... but boy weren't we glad to walk into Priceline that day.
What they claims:
"Its soft, melting texture glides on to the lips and turns into a matt, velvety and incredibly light colour. Lips are left smooth and soft as velvet. Enriched with evanescent oils, it’s incredibly sensuous formula provides a soft, second-skin feel, without drying or fading lips."
- Affordable (if you can get it like I did when Priceline had their special and it was only $10 for 1)
- Long lasting and wears beautifully
- Very comfortable to wear, not drying at all
- Gorgeous vibrant pigmentation
- Easy to work with and apply
- If it's not on special, it is quite pricey in Australia (like every other makeup products)
- Not a great range of colours, it is mostly reds
- I personally don't like the scent
Overall thought: I absolutely adore these! I just wish that they came in a wider range of colours because all the shades were very bright and none that were just a bit paired down so I could use it daily. Great for people who wants to wear reds everyday though because I swear all the colours were just varying shades of reds. I would definitely repurchase these if I run our or if Bourjois came out with more colours. 10/10
This is the stain that is left on the lips after you wipe off the product:
You can see below that even though they apply kind of glossy before, they do dry down to a beautiful matte velvet finish.